Friday, December 7, 2007

A Random Post from Andrea

Ok, so I think that the following words belong in the comment section of the separate post, however, due to prolonged silence on my part I am vandalizing the blog with my own personal comments here.
I was waiting to reply on the Princess Academy until I finished the Goose Girl. Why?....I don't know for sure. Maybe to sound wiser or bookier or something. Anyway, I LOVED IT! I finally finished it here in Hawaii. I figured, hey, I've already got jet lag, why not stay up mega late a few nights in a row and indulge myself with this great book? I love the stories that Shannon Hale tells and the way she tells them. Has anyone read Enna Burning?
I didn't see the Britta thing coming. I think I got too involved in the story to figure. I kept thinking that the lead girl would be princess and I wasn't quite sure how everything would turn out in the end with the village boy and her. I don't think that I should be a detective or anything.
I like the integrity she gives her heroines. Both in Princess Academy and the Goose Girl we aren't ever let down by moments of cowardice, backing out of things, dishonesty or weakness. Those moments are often of literary importants to the story, but sometimes it's nice to just read an impossible tale of heroism.
The Good Husband:
Love the "Free to Good Home" ad!
What a great book too. Wow! Who knew all these great books were out there!
I kept agreeing in my mind with one of the comments on the book sleeve. I don't have the book with me to quote it but the jest was something eluding to the familiar comfort of Mma Ramotswe's voice. A few pages into the book she really does feel like an old trusted friend. I like what M said about the characters.

Thanks for the great books so far! This is a great game.

3 comments:

Marielle Carlisle said...

You must read "Austenland" also by Shannon Hale. I just finished it this week, and it was great!

Suzie said...

Enna Burning and River Secrets are good too!!

*Leslie* said...

I loved Princess Academy and Goose Girl but, honestly I didn't think Enna Burning was nearly as good. I've heard Austenland is great so I'd like to read that one too.