Friday, November 9, 2007


So, after reading "The Princess Academy" and liking it I decided to go on with the Shannon Hale books and read "The Goose Girl". I liked this even better than TPA. For me, it was a great book about adventure, romance, and finding one's true potential and embracing unique talents.
I actually went to her book signing last night in Bountiful. She's quite the kooky lady, but really fun spirited. It is always impressive to me when an author can interest readers of many ages. (yes, I was there with a bunch of 5th-7th graders). Any way, if you enjoyed TPA you'll like this one too!
AND, for all of you P&P fans.........she just published a book called "Austenland". It's about a girl who is completly fixated on Colin Firth in the A&E movie adaptation. Anyone who has seen this movie knows what I am talking about. This is my next read, I'm excited because I thought I was the only one!! Aparantly there are a lot of us dorks.

1 comment:

Marielle Carlisle said...

I just put it on hold at the library.